Call for Papers for the 9th BITSS Annual Meeting
The Berkeley Initiative for Transparency in the Social Sciences (BITSS) will hold its 9th Annual Meeting on January 7-8, 2021. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, this will be a fully virtual event and the program will run between 8 am and 12 pm PT.
The BITSS Annual Meeting brings together actors from academia, scholarly publishing, and policy to share novel research and discuss efforts to improve the credibility of social science by advancing research transparency, reproducibility, rigor, and ethics.
We invite papers or long abstracts (250-500 words) in all aspects of meta-science, including but not limited to work that assesses scientific practice, evaluates the credibility of bodies of social science literature, presents new tools or strategies to improve research transparency and reproducibility, or evaluates the effectiveness of existing tools. Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Pre-registration and the use of pre-analysis plans;
- Disclosure and transparent reporting;
- Ethical research;
- Replicability and reproducibility;
- Peer review;
- Methods for detecting and reducing publication bias or data mining;
- The intersection of openness and inclusion in science;
- Assessment of the validity or reproducibility of literature;
- Meta-analysis and evidence synthesis;
- Open policy analysis;
- Transparency and reproducibility in COVID-19 or other policy-relevant research.
Eligible submissions include completed projects, work in progress, and prospective work.
Papers or long abstracts must be submitted by Sunday, November 15, 2020 (11:59 PM Pacific Time). Notifications of acceptance will be sent by November 23, 2020.
Reach out to BITSS Senior Program Associate Aleksandar Bogdanoski (email@example.com) with any questions about this event.